"My body, my choice" only makes sense when someone else’s life isn’t at stake.
Fun fact: If my younger sister was in a car accident and desperately needed a blood transfusion to live, and I was the only person on Earth who could donate blood to save her, and even though donating blood is a relatively easy, safe, and quick procedure no one can force me to give blood. Yes, even to save the life of a fully grown person, it would be ILLEGAL to FORCE me to donate blood if I didn’t want to.
See, we have this concept called “bodily autonomy.” It’s this….cultural notion that a person’s control over their own body is above all important and must not be infringed upon.
Like, we can’t even take LIFE SAVING organs from CORPSES unless the person whose corpse it is gave consent before their death. Even corpses get bodily autonomy.
To tell people that they MUST sacrifice their bodily autonomy for 9 months against their will in an incredibly expensive, invasive, difficult process to save what YOU view as another human life (a debatable claim in the early stages of pregnancy when the VAST majority of abortions are performed) is desperately unethical. You can’t even ask people to sacrifice bodily autonomy to give up organs they aren’t using anymore after they have died.
You’re asking people who can become pregnant to accept less bodily autonomy than we grant to dead bodies.
reblogging for commentary
Perhaps you don’t know the only fucking thing an anchor is designed to do. Just to be safe, I’ve fixed your tattoos for you. - Craig
got a racist response while applying to colleges in the uk, and the social justice in me just couldn’t not respond.
ah yes, the most terrifying and aggressive dog ever: the pitbull
NO PHOTOSET HAS MADE ME HAPPIER.
human why are you in cage
The posts that pop up during finals week are the best kinds of posts
Anonymous asked: What's so bad about periods
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
I’m sick of all the shame and stigma around menstrual blood. In advertisements, the word ‘blood’ is never used, and we’re supposed to be ‘ladylike’ and secretive if we’re in public and giving a girl friend one of our tampons/pads to use. When I’m on my period, I bleed. Blood. From my vagina. Accept it.
girls are fuckin sick dude
I don’t care how butthurt you are about it, this is fucking gross.
how is it gross
lmao someone’s responses were literally “girls are fuckin sick duDe!!” & the other one used the word “butthurt” so just from that y’all can derive what kind of people think menstruation is gross.
these are the guys who think we’re gross and butthurt…..
one who gifs himself alone in his room smiling flirtatiously at a computer screen
and one who takes homeboy selfies in public restrooms
i’m actually crying
baby it’s okay you did good
//.. .. .Ow.
Ow my heart
I knew one of the dogs and her handler that went to NYC to search through the rubble of the WTC, a Catahoula Leopard Dog. She actually got so depressed following this assignment that she had to retire from SAR because all she found were mangled body parts. Dogs, as predators, probably have an even more profound understanding of death than we so because by instinct they’re designed to kill for a living, and for a dog who is trained to find living people(she was not trained as a cadaver dog) to only find dead remains, it’s very disturbing.